Teeth Braces And Their Role In Treating Misaligned/Crooked teeth
Imagine sitting in the middle of your most awaited date night and realizing that you’re far away from throwing a warm smile at your partner due to misaligned teeth. It can be enough to ruin your confidence.
Implementing teeth braces is an orthodontic treatment that can help you align your teeth shape by realigning your jaw. Not only that, there is much more about dental braces that you need to know.
Let’s delve deeper.
What are dental braces?
Orthodontic treatment corrects your misaligned/rotated/crowed teeth, abnormal jaw alignments and improper bites. Braces for teeth are used to straighten the misaligned teeth and improper biting positions. Irrespective of age, dental braces can be placed on anyone as per the tooth condition.
Dentists recommend that the treatment start between the pre-teen/teenage years as the jaw bone is flexible during this time. Hence, the teeth can be moved easily without any complications.
How do braces work?
Orthodontic tooth braces work differently based on the issues of each individual. It includes jaw alignment and jaw alignment. Seven main components of dental braces combine to form an attractive smile. Here you go-
These are square-shaped, metallic, ceramic, and minor components glued into the front teeth. These support the archwires to push the teeth into the desired position. Your dentist will glue the bracket with a special bonding agent to the tooth centre. However, it can be placed on the tooth's back end based on dental issues.
It passes through the slots between the bracket Centre. Archwire can be transparent or metallic. It applies pressure on the teeth to push them through the desired positions. Hence, it will help you to achieve an optimal smile. The size of Archwire can vary to put different amounts of pressure on your teeth.
3. Elastic ligatures
It helps to keep the arch wires in the proper place while holding them close to the brackets. It helps guide the teeth in the proper position. Your orthodontist must replace it at every appointment as they may lose elasticity over time. Also, they are available in various colour options available.
4. Wire ligature
Ligature wires are thin stainless wires to keep the archwire firm within the bracket slots. Also, these wires provide maximum flexibility and strength compared to ligature elastics. It can be used to get quick results.
5. Elastic chain
These are used to increase the pressure on teeth in order to move them in a proper direction. Elastic chains move the crooked/misaligned teeth quickly while closing the gaps.
6. Spring coil
Two types of coil springs are available on the market- open and closed. Open coil spring coils create some open space between two teeth. On the other hand, closed coil springs are used to close the gap between two teeth.
Bands are pivotal in aligning the jaw and bite during orthodontic treatment. It helps connect the brackets with the upper and lower jaw. These are usually placed during the later stages of orthodontic treatment. Rubber bands are attached with the hooks glued to the teeth.
The procedure of applying the braces on teeth
- Step 1- Consultation – Book a 1:1 consultation call with the orthodontist. Once booked, he/she will check your tooth and surrounding structures. The expert will take the relevant photographs with the help of an X-ray to offer you the best treatment plan.
- Step 2- Pre-treatment work- Tooth cleaning or scaling needs to be performed before every orthodontic treatment. It will help to clean the lodged food debris. Besides, other dental treatments like extractions, dental fillings or periodontal management can be completed before starting the orthodontic treatment.
- Step 3- First appointment – Your dentist will create the custom moulds based on the X-Ray pictures. It will be done after picking up suitable bracket components and using tooth measurements.
- Step 4- Brace placement- First, the orthodontist will clean and dry the teeth. Then, he/she will apply a special adhesive on the bracket. Now, the expert will use a UV light source to bond the bracket. It will harden the bonds and adhesive brackets with the tooth. Finally, the orthodontist will pass the archwire through the bracket slots. It will place the necessary ligatures to hold the arch wires in place.
- Step 5- Follow up appointments- The orthodontist will ask you to avail of the follow-up appointments after 4-8 weeks. During this time, the expert will check the movement direction of the teeth. Based on that, he/she will adjust for maximum support. Additionally, the orthodontist may tighten the archwires. Dental braces may take 2-3 years to show results.
- Step 6- Removal of brackets – The orthodontist will remove the brackets and wires based on the present situation. Once the components are removed, then another tooth cleaning round will be performed. It will help to remove the adhesive from the surface of the tooth. Your dentist will also provide a retainer. You need to wear the same for six months at least. It will prevent your tooth from going back to its original position.
Types of dental braces
- Metal braces- A small bracket encloses the tooth. It can also be used as an anchor. These braces are easy to use, small and effective. These braces are suitable for adults and children both.
- Lingual braces- These are placed on the tooth’s inner side near the tongue. Once you have the replacement, no one will see the braces.
- Clear aligners- Clear aligners are a series of removable transparent trays. It helps to correct crooked teeth or improper bites. It can treat mild to moderate conditions. You can brush and remove the same quickly. Most expert dentists prefer this method.
- Self-ligating braces- These braces use clips in order to create a sliding mechanism. It doesn’t require elastic ties to hold the wire. Hence, it reduces the frequency of appointments.
- Damon braces- Damon braces use gentle forces to protect your teeth and gum health. This system is available in both clear and metal brackets. Damon clear brackets are not visible from the outside. Also, Damon clear braces are resistant to staining. It doesn’t use elastic ties so it will provide a superior aesthetic solution.
- Myobrace- By addressing the reasons for poor jaw development and crooked teeth, myobrace can help to foster natural teeth growth and development.
- Night guards- It can help to shift your teeth as the night guards put pressure on your teeth directly. Over time, it can move your teeth and protect them from damage while sleeping.
What do dental braces cost in Dubai?
If you’re looking for the best braces for teeth in Dubai, here is the price list. The price of clear teeth braces may cost around AED 9000. On the other hand, ceramic teeth brace treatment cost starts from AED 12000. Additionally, Damon teeth braces may cost around AED 14000- 18000. If you want to know detailed information regarding the types of braces and cost, visit your nearest dental clinic store today.
Bear in mind that this price range may vary from clinic to clinic.
Benefits of dental braces
- Having dental braces will gradually shift the position of your teeth until they are aligned. Hence, it will enhance your appearance, while improving your self-esteem.
- Once you have the dental braces to straighten your teeth, you can easily brush and floss your teeth to maintain dental hygiene.
- Aligning your teeth and improving your oral hygiene can prevent dental issues like gum disease, tooth decay etc.
- Braces can fix malocclusions.
- Dental braces can shift protruding teeth back to their ideal position.
- Crooked teeth may affect your speech. Using tooth braces will help to cure this issue gradually.
- Dental braces can prevent bone erosion due to crooked teeth.
- Crooked teeth may lead to excess pressure on the jawbone. It can lead to Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, characterized by headaches and pain. Dental braces can prevent the same by properly aligning your teeth.
Better life through dental braces!
Teeth braces may be game changers when fixing your crooked teeth. If you’re looking for an expert orthodontist in Dubai, we’re here to help you. We offer world-class dental care that keeps you smiling. Schedule an appointment today to get all your answers regarding dental braces.