Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Dental Implants?
One of the most widely used techniques for replacing missing teeth is dental implants. They endure a long time and resemble natural teeth. They are durable and can last a lifetime with proper care. On the other hand, not everyone is a suitable candidate for dental implants. In this article, let's discuss who is a good candidate for dental implants and who should steer clear of them.
- Dental implants are made of biocompatible Titanium in the form of small posts.
- They are surgically placed within the jawbone, where they fuse with the surrounding bone by a process known as osseointegration.
- Once these dental implants are placed in position, they provide strong support for replacement teeth.
- An abutment, or small metal connector, is used to attach replacement teeth to the dental implant.
Who is a good candidate or suitable for dental implants?
The perfect candidates for Dental implants are:
- People who have good oral hygiene and healthy gums with no signs of active gum disease
- People who are committed to oral hygiene For the maintenance of dental implants, patients are required to brush and floss regularly and have regular dental checkups.
- People who have sufficient jawbone density: as dental implants are placed within the bone, jawbone density plays a significant role in determining the candidature for dental implants.
- People who are willing to undergo the surgery need to be aware that there are some risks and complications involved.
Also Read: Myths About Dental Implants
Who is not suitable for dental implants?
The following are some things that might prevent someone from receiving dental implants:
- Patients with insufficient density in their jawbones
- Untreated active gum disease patients
- Patients with complicated medical conditions like diabetes or bleeding disorders that are not under control
- patients with habits like chewing tobacco and heavy smoking
- Implant failure is more likely for those who don't practice good oral hygiene.
- Financial factors, as not everyone may have the resources to pay for the treatment.
Who is suitable for same-day dental implants?
Same-day dental implants are otherwise known as immediate load implants. In this system, dental implants are placed at the same time as the natural tooth extraction. The restoration or replacement teeth are then placed within 48 hours of dental implant placement.Candidates who are eligible for same-day dental implants include:
- People with overall good oral health, including healthy gums.
- For same-day dental implants to provide rapid stability, there must be enough jawbone density.
- To obtain same-day implants, patients must be free of any active gum diseases like periodontitis or abscesses.
- Accurate placement of the same-day Dental Implants is very important to provide the required strength and stability.
- Patients must be committed to practicing good oral hygiene practices post-operatively.
Read Also: Benefits Of Dental Implants
When it comes to Dental implant treatment, it has to be kept in mind that it is not for everyone. Several criteria must be met for dental implants to be considered for replacing missing teeth. That being said, Dental implants provide a durable and long-lasting solution for missing teeth and help improve your smile.
Visit the Magnum Clinic to learn more about Dental implants. Contact us today!
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is considered good oral health for dental implant candidature?
Good oral health includes healthy gum tissues free from active periodontal disease. Candidates should have a sufficient number of remaining teeth or a plan for their extraction, if necessary.
How do I know if I have sufficient jawbone density for dental implants?
The jawbone density of the patient can be evaluated with the help of X-rays and a CT scan.
What if I smoke or use tobacco products?
Smoking or using tobacco products can compromise the success of dental implants. It is highly recommended to quit smoking or reduce tobacco use before undergoing implant surgery
What are the financial considerations for dental implant candidature?
Dental implants can be a significant investment. It is important to discuss the financial aspect with your dentist and explore any insurance coverage or financing options available.